Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Peters beats out Nardwuar

Sad news for Nardwuar fans from across this nation: it seems CTV has chosen Russell Peters to host this year's Juno Awards show rather than our/Canada's man Nardwuar the Human Serviette.

Despite this sad for the movement to have an exciting and uber-knowledgeable personality host the show, Nardwuar has been bolstered by our support and we're sure he'll manage to show up somehow/somewhere around this year's event!

As the Human Serviette himself puts it:

"Although it is sad I will not get an opportunity to host the Junos, I have had fun fantasizing the past nine months about doing a duet with Celine Dion," says Nardwuar of the snub. "Perhaps my Juno moment will forever remain me getting kicked out of the 1991 Junos in Vancouver.

"I doubt it though, becuase my defining Juno moment has now shifted to the present and the 870 people that have voiced their approval to have me host the Junos in Vancouver. That is a great honour and something I will never forget. I really mean that. Thanks again for the dreams. Keep on rockin' in the free world! Have a good dinner!"

Read the rest of the Chart Attack article here.

0 comments: